Every year about this time, college football fans ask the question, “Is it okay to root for rival x and conference foe y? Or should I just hope for immediate death to their season?” It’s a dirty feeling knowing your subconscious might be saying “Go Huskies” or “Go Beavs” when they go up against a [...]
With the generosity of everyone’s favorite one-time (current?) ESPN halftime sponsor, this year’s midseason report is again brought to you by Flomax. Of course, with the economy as it is, they were all out of sponsorship money and could only offer a box of rubber gloves. On with it. The Can’t Miss Pac-10 Bowl Lineup [...]
ESPN polled 85 FBS players from around the country for a feature in the next ESPN the Magazine. It can also be found online, but you’ll need a subscription to view it. There were a few interesting items in the article relating to the Pac-10 and Oregon. The most overrated team in the nation according [...]
Welcome Pac-10 newcomers Steve Sarkisian and Chip Kelly. You are the new representatives at this award ceremony for 2009. We hope you are honored to have such a prestigious award in your name. The Dennis Erickson Award for “What, I’m Still in the Same Place? Why?” …And the Winner Is: Taylor Mays, USC Safety. It’s [...]
The Tom Hansen era was all about what the Pac-10 couldn’t accomplish. The Larry Scott-led version of the conference is quickly becoming what is possible. The Seattle Times is reporting that a deal is close to being finalized to make the Alamo Bowl the Pac-10′s number two bowl which would demote the Holiday Bowl to [...]
When you go into hiding for the better part of a year, you should have something really poignant for your first post. Well, I don’t. Instead, I’m going with the tried and true prediction entry that I mostly loathe. Might as well get it out of the way and move on to better things. Besides, [...]
The season is half over and given the bye week, it’s a good time to review. This look back is brought to you by Flomax – Creating stronger streams since 1863. BCS Conference Most Likely to Lose its Automatic Qualifier Status The Big East is bad and the BCS has provisions to review conference eligibility [...]
You may have heard that the Oregon-ASU clash will be seen by the mere 50,000 or so humans able to physically attend the game. The right reaction is, “that’s so stupid.” The people running the conference of champions really screwed this thing up. Not just this game, but the whole damned TV contract. I’ll never [...]
Something happened on Thursday night in Corvallis. Yeah, yeah, Oregon State pulled the upset of #1 USC, I know. But something bigger happened. All those teams with their Mountain West losses and cross-country whoopings just got a new lease on life. The national champion isn’t coming from the Pac-10 this season. The conference isn’t in [...]
I haven’t missed her, but I know you did, so let’s welcome back the newly-named FOTB (WOTB still a work in progress). Stepping out of the normal Thursday night routine, we sat down and watched some Pac-10 dominance of the SEC (hey, OT wins are dominance when the winning team is without 96.3% of its [...]
- Pessimistic Pac-12 Picks September 30, 2011
- Pained Pac-12 Picks September 23, 2011
- Perishing Pac-12 Picks September 16, 2011
- Premier Pac-12 Picks – Week 2 September 9, 2011
- 4th Annual Coaches’ Awards – Pac-12 Style! August 26, 2011
- Boise State Sports Editor Not Afraid to Cheer From the Press Box, Goes on the Offensive For Team October 19, 2010
- Matt Barkley Uses Twitter…Poorly October 23, 2010
- Herbstreit Wouldn't Say That, Would He? August 19, 2009
- Answering Yesterday's Question…No, Boise Can't Win September 1, 2009
- A Family "War" December 2, 2009
- http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=X_kpisjxpi8: Thanks for sharing such a nice thinking, piece of ...
- Margot: Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored to death at work ...
- clash of clans guide: Hey there I am so glad I found your web site, I ...
- youtube.com: Hey superb blog! Does rjnning a blog similar to th...
- Franziska: Hello, its nice post concerning media print, we a...
Follow @offthepond on Twitter